Forum Discussion

KrysG
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

MYOB automatically changing payroll data

I work in the construction industry and some of our employees have several payroll categories we pay weekly as per their EBA i.e. site allowance, overtime, RDOs, etc.

Since the last update, I have found that my payroll takes twice as long all because of the system automatically changing the data I am entering.  For example, today I had to pay an employee 26 hours of base salary @ $47.48/hr (which is pre-loaded on their card), 26 hours of site allowance and Workcover for the remaining 10 hours in their working week.  I enter 26 hours for his base salary and then 26 hours for his site allowance and MYOB automatically takes away the 26 base salary hours I have already input.  Then when I entered the amount of Workcover, it automatically reduced his hourly rate from $47.48 for his base salary hours to $27.77/hr which meant that his wages were incorrect.

Please advise how I can stop this happening, as I can't find any solution within the setup or with the guidance of the help function.

Regards,

Krys

• Hi Krys

have a look at your pay items

there is an option to automatically reduce base hours

see if this has been ticked in the site allowance pay item

There may be something in the work over set up also 

Hope that helps

Lisa

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Krys

have a look at your pay items

there is an option to automatically reduce base hours

see if this has been ticked in the site allowance pay item

There may be something in the work over set up also 

Hope that helps

Lisa

KrysG
      Contributing User

Hi Lisa,

Thanks very much.  I hadn't delved that far into the categories yesterday.  I'm a little frustrated that things are changed automatically like that when updates come through from MYOB.

Many thanks,

Krys :)