Forum Discussion

paulwh789
Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

PAY SUPERANNUATION - Invalid ABN for SMSF

Hi,

I'm having issues with paying a SMSF and getting the error "The ABN for this employee's fund is invalid". From the ATO searches it looks like everything is order. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Paul

• Hi Paul (paulwh789)

The first thing we recommend with this error is to check the details with the Australian Business Register, But is sounds like you have already done that. 

The next thing to check is there is a situation where it gives you this error caused by the super fund details being corrupted in the system. To check if this is the case, can you re-create the fund and try recording the Pay Superannuation again? 

Let me know how you get on but if the above does not resolve your issue can you please send me a Private Message with a screenshot of the Superannuation Fund Information window and the last 4 digits of your Serial Number?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Paul (paulwh789)

The first thing we recommend with this error is to check the details with the Australian Business Register, But is sounds like you have already done that. 

The next thing to check is there is a situation where it gives you this error caused by the super fund details being corrupted in the system. To check if this is the case, can you re-create the fund and try recording the Pay Superannuation again? 

Let me know how you get on but if the above does not resolve your issue can you please send me a Private Message with a screenshot of the Superannuation Fund Information window and the last 4 digits of your Serial Number?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.