Forum Discussion

MichaelaJohnson
Experienced User
11 months ago
Solved

Paying Super Error when TFN is 111 111 111

Good morning, 

Im trying to pay the June super for a new employee who has applied for a TFN (on 09/06/23) but hasnt received it yet as it can take up to 28 days. 

MYOB wont let me pay his super with the TFN of 111 111 111 (Which is what the ATO require for his type). 

What is the work around to be able to process his super please? 

Thank you 

Doreen_P
    11 months ago

Hi MichaelaJohnson 

Thanks for the screenshot.

In this case, kindly choose the Employee has no TFN or other reason from the drop down. You can always go back to that information to change when the employee has his TFN already. Please let me know if you can process it now after changes has been made.

Best regards,

Doreen

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MichaelaJohnson 

Thanks for your post.

When you try to record the Pay Superannuation transaction in the current version of AccountRight, does it display a red x icon against a particular super payment?

If so, could you please click anywhere in the line contains the error icon, what is the exact error message?

Best regards,

Doreen

MichaelaJohnson
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen, 

Yes it comes up with the following error message - 

"You need to enter a valid Tax File Number for this employee"

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MichaelaJohnson 

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, since the employee already applied for a TFN and still waiting for issuance of it, I would recommend logging in to the web browser through this link. Once logged in, go to Payroll > Employees > Click the employee name > Payroll details > Taxes. From the drop down of TFN status, kindly choose Waiting on TFN Declaration. Once done, you may proceed in processing the super by going to Payroll > Super payments

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen