Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

payroll clearing account in credit

I am hoping someone can help me.  Our payroll dept processed the payroll, however omitted the Salary Sacrifice portion.  She then processed a negative payrun for this person.  she then reversed the original payroll transaction, so this showed 2 reversals instead of 1.  She then processed a further payroll, using the correct figures and salary sacrifice component.  

Now when i look at the payroll clearing account, it is showing a balance of the payroll amount!  Can anyone help me on how to reverse this and clear it out for the balance sheet please? 

• Hi VickiC3

Thank you for sharing your concern on the forum. From your description, it appears that two pay runs were generated - one without the salary sacrifice and another as a correction. Additionally, there were two negative amounts, the negative payroll, and the reversal. Given this information, the clearing account should ideally be at zero balance as the negative amounts should offset the positive ones.

The best way to have this corrected is to reverse the negative pay run created. This will offset the values leaving the correct amount of pay run in place.  Also, it's recommended to create a void pay run to correct the salary sacrifice values moving forward. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you require any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi VickiC3

Thank you for sharing your concern on the forum. From your description, it appears that two pay runs were generated - one without the salary sacrifice and another as a correction. Additionally, there were two negative amounts, the negative payroll, and the reversal. Given this information, the clearing account should ideally be at zero balance as the negative amounts should offset the positive ones.

The best way to have this corrected is to reverse the negative pay run created. This will offset the values leaving the correct amount of pay run in place.  Also, it's recommended to create a void pay run to correct the salary sacrifice values moving forward. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you require any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve