Forum Discussion

LesGrant
Experienced Cover User
9 days ago

Payroll entered after EOFY has zero amounts sent to ATO

I was behind on entering payroll. In early July, I entered the weekly payroll data for June with all correct periods and pay dates and non-zero amounts. When I check the STP report, the amounts sent to the ATO are all zero. Why is MYOB sending the wrong (zero) amounts and how can I fix this error?

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LesGrant,

I can see why you’d be surprised to see $0 in your STP report! This can happen if the STP treats your pay run as an update event, often due to the pay date being earlier than when the pay run was recorded. In those cases, the STP report might show zero amounts. As long as your YTD figures match up with your payroll register and payroll activity report, everything should be fine, even if the STP report shows zero.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

LesGrant
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Princess. Thanks for the response.

All the affected entries were entered as original pay runs (not updates) and were entered after the pay date but with the correct pay date. If this is done during the same financial year, no problems. As soon as the actual date of entry ('Recorded on') is in the next financial year (entering a pay run with a paid date in the previous year), the amounts are all zeros. Also, the 'Pay period' and 'Pay on date' fields are wrong. 'Pay period' is 30/06/2024 - 30/06/2024 and 'Pay on date' is 30/06/2024. To me, this sounds like an MYOB bug or, at best, a source of confusion.

Regards,

Les Grant.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi LesGrant,

Thanks for your response. I get that it's causing a lot of confusion. But, you might be in a situation similar to the one discussed in this thread, where pay run transactions are showing as update events. 

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess