Forum Discussion

NC-CAA
Experienced Cover User
12 months ago

Query re MYOB report "Amount by Category (Payroll Tax)" - Not assigned

I have just run the report "Amount by Category (Payroll Tax)" for 2022-2023  (Reports > Payroll > Payroll Tax > "Amount by Category (Payroll Tax)". 

I am not sure why some of my Wages payroll categories are not in the top section of the report under "Wages/Salaries" but have ended up at the bottom of the report separated in a section called "Not assigned". 

Below is an image of the report, I've blanked out bits that I thought aren't needed.  Also below are the examples of the payroll categories that landed in the "Not assigned" section.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on why this happened, and how\if I can correct it.  The categories do have staff assigned to them.  The staff are still current employees.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    NC-CAA
    Experienced Cover User

I think I have been able to correct my issue after reading another post answered by Sam_R   on this post:    STP Phase 2 Payroll Tax Reporting )  

I checked to see whether each of the categories showing as "not assigned" were set up as taxable or non-taxable

As per Sam_R instructions.... "To check this, please navigate to the 'Setup' dropdown > 'General payroll information' > 'Set up Payroll Tax' > please check here if the category in question has a 'tick' next to it or not. If the category isn't ticked, this means you do not wish tax to calculate on it, hence - not reflecting on the Payroll Tax report. "

After ticking my 4 categories showing on the report as "Not assigned" they have now moved back up with all the other Wages categories.

I guess the next thing I'm going to have to worry about is whether I now have to sort out something to do with tax.  I'm thinking since the tax year has passed it is possibly too late.

Michel-lci
    Experienced User

Have you checked that the categories are set up for payroll tax.  From the top menu, select Set Up, then General Payroll Information.  This opens a new dialog box, chose Set Up Payroll Tax.  Again a new dialog box opens, make sure the pay items are ticked.  See attached file