Forum Discussion

OzCombined
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Reversal Payroll and Electronic Payment - too many times

Hi    I have made an error in processing a pay, using electronic payment.   I haven't paid to bank yet.   I went in to reverse pay and for some reason I accidently reversed it twice.   Theref...
    4 years ago

Hi OzCombined 

The ideal solution to this situation would be:

1. Navigate to Setup>>Preferences>>Security.
    2. Ensure that Transactions Can't be Changed They Must be Reversed is disabled.
    3. Once you have checked those preferences, select one of the reversals so you have the Pay Employee on screen showing that reversal pay.
    4. Select Edit>>Delete Transaction.

The above process will clear one of the reversals so you would have a positive and negative which cancel each other out. You just want to tick those transactions and select to generate the Bank file this will process those transactions from the window to clear them. 

In some cases, the Edit menu will say Reverse Transaction. Should that be the case, you would be looking at reversing that reversal. Ensure that you have selected the reversal of the original to reverse, should be negative values in the Pay Employee window prior to reversal. This will generate a positive value to offset that negative i.e you would 2x positive and 2x negative and process them to clear them from the window. 

Once you have either deleted one of the reversals or reversed a reversal, you would be back to square one i.e. those transactions didn't occur so you would need to re-process the pays if needed.