Forum Discussion

12 months ago

Salary Sacrifice - "other employee benefits " not showing after finalisation.

Hi

I’m having a problem where I submitted my company’s income statement to the ATO without the ’’salary sacrifice – other employee benefits’’ line.

Realised afterwards that STP Phase 2 splits gross payments and ‘’salary sacrifice other employee benefits’’ into 2 lines on the income statement this year, but we can’t seem to fix STP to show this?

We’ve gone back to MYOB and ticked salary sacrifice-other employee benefits under the employees card but it’s still not coming through.

Any ideas?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, RNordin1975 

Thanks for your post, and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

For the Salary Sacrifice -  Other Employee Benefits to show, kindly change the Payroll Category used and make sure to assign it to the correct ATO Reporting Category. To do this, go to Payroll > Payroll Categories > Select the right tab then click the Payroll Category name > Check the ATO Reporting Category.

If changes have been made, please process a $0 pay run or update event in order for the Salary Sacrifice -  Other Employee Benefits to show. If you have finalised it already, kindly undo the finalisation first. 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

Terri520
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen

I had the same issue but have been able to fix as per your advice.  However I have an employee lodging their income tax return and the salary packaging amount has not been deducted from the gross income, therefore overstating the reportable taxable income and incurring a tax debt.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Terri

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Terri520 

Thank you for your post. 

Can I please confirm what is the ATO reporting category you’ve used for salary sacrifice. In STP phase 2, ATO requires each payroll category to have their ATO reporting category.

For further information on reporting category, you may refer to this Help Article, Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll.

I would also suggest running the payroll activity and payroll register report. Compare it with your YTD verification report. To see and check the difference of these reports and to locate the cause of your issue. After making changes, please send update event with correct payroll year to update the data sent to the ATO. 

Are we able to solve your concern? If YES, please click on "Accept as Solution". If NO, please feel free to reply to this post and we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess