Forum Discussion

Tiu
Experienced User
12 months ago
Solved

STP 2 employee income type

Dear Team,

I hope this message finds you well. As part of our compliance with STP 2, I am responsible for updating the employment income type in our records. Currently, we have two types of employees: Full time and Casual Employees.

For our Full time employees, I have selected "Salary and Wages" as the employee income type(is this correct?). However, I am uncertain about the correct selection for our casual employees. I kindly request your assistance in determining the appropriate income type for this category.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards, Tiu

• Hi Tiu 

Thank you for your post and to vidario1 for sharing your knowledge.

The most common type of employment income is salary and wages, whether you have one job or more, and whether you work full-time, part-time, or

casual. If you are unsure of this, it is better to reach out to your advisor or contact the ATO. 

You can check this article from the ATO on Employment income for additional information. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  •  Hi Tiu 

The income type is 'Salary and Wages' for casual (and part time) employees also. It's only 'Labour Hire' if someone is engaged via a Labour Hire agency contract.

Cheers

vidario

Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Tiu 

Thank you for your post and to vidario1 for sharing your knowledge.

The most common type of employment income is salary and wages, whether you have one job or more, and whether you work full-time, part-time, or

casual. If you are unsure of this, it is better to reach out to your advisor or contact the ATO. 

You can check this article from the ATO on Employment income for additional information. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.