Forum Discussion

14 days ago

STP YTD Verification Report not agreeing with Payroll Summary & Payroll Register

Hello,

My Payroll Summary and Payroll Register reports agree but the the STP - YTD verification report differs. I have tried processing an update pay event but it has not resolved the issue.

A staff member had a negative amount of Personal Leave in their final pay (Paid Leave - Other) which is showing a negative figure on their individual Summary Report, however the YTD report is not reflecting this negative amount and is still including it in the total YTD amount for Paid Leave - Other.

Can you please advise how I rectify this?

Thank you

2 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi bpapayroll

Based on your post, it's clear that there's a discrepancy in your reports. If the YTD Verification Report doesn't match the Payroll Summary Report, it is because all the wages that are reported as gross payments will only show up in the YTD Verification Report. Under the EOFY Finalization tab, against the employee name, there are three dots that will show the individual summary payments as a breakdown of other pay items that are not reported as gross payments. If you add these gross YTDs to the verification report, everything should match. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,

Shella

• Hi Shella,

Thank you for your reply. Yes the employee's individual summary does reflect the negative leave amount. The YTD Verification Report is disregarding this negative amount, and is instead including this figure as if it were a positive amount, therefore over-inflating the YTD figures on the verification report and not agreeing with my payroll summary.

I am satisfied everything is correct as the discrepancy between the reports is the exact amount of this negative leave on the employee's final pay, but was not comfortable finalising with the YTD not reconciling against the other reports.

If there is no way around this glitch on the YTD verification report it sounds like I will need to finalise without the reports agreeing.