Forum Discussion

MichelleC11
Experienced User
11 months ago

Super on Portable Long Service Leave paid by Scheme

Hi,

I understand that portable LSL paid by employer will incur super. However, if the employee directly requested portable LSL to be taken out & paid by Scheme to the employee's bank account, do we still need to pay super? Since there are no monetary entries on the employer's side. 

I have asked Scheme that they do not pay super.

And how do we keep records in payroll?

Thanks

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Michelle - Im wondering the same thing - did you get an answer?

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi DebDon,

I just want to check back with you if you are still having the issue. Let us know if the issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post again and we are happy to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Cel

DebDon
        User

Hello 

Yes Im still having trouble.

The LSL has been paid directly to the employee so I was wondering how to pay the super and record this via payroll?

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MichelleC11 and DebDon 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge. 

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed response. In this regard, if the employee is directly requested portable LSL and paid by Scheme to the employee's bank account, you will no longer need Pay Super. This Help Article: Portable Service Benefits Scheme has detailed information that you can use as a guide.  

If you require any further assistance or questions, please feel free to post again. Rest assured that one of the MYOB Community Forum Moderators will attend it. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Regards,  

Cel