Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

The ABN for this employee’s fund is invalid. Payments can’t be made to this fund. An authorised contact for the SMSF should contact the ATO.

Hi I am receiving this error message but have been ensured by the employee that everything is correct.  Any ideas?

The ABN for this employee’s fund is invalid. Payments can’t be made to this fund. An authorised contact for the SMSF should contact the ATO.

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi wendygordon,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. This error message may occur due to corruption in the super fund details within the system or an issue during the SMSF registration.

Regarding potential corruption in the fund details, could you confirm if, when duplicating the fund, you assigned it a different name by adding a number or letter at the end? Additionally, after recreating the fund, ensure it is linked to the Employee Card by navigating to Card File -> Employees -> Payroll Details -> Superannuation.

If any of these steps were overlooked, kindly complete them or create a new fund following the specified steps. Afterward, attempt to process the super again.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Earl,

I have tried exactly what you have said and receive the same error message. I have asked the employee to check his detail with his accountant but it all seems to be ok.  Any other ideas?

Wendy