Forum Discussion

2 days ago
Solved

Trying to do a final pay, but the 'final pay' option isn't appearing

In the balancing of leave entitlements etc for EOFY, I discovered that an employee's final pay was never processed. They are still an active employee in MYOB, and I need to do a final pay to pay his unused annual leave. He left voluntarily due to sickness.

Following the instructions in the help article: https://www.myob.com/au/support/myob-business/payroll/processing-a-final-pay, it mentions to select 'Final Pay' from the Pay Cycle dropdown menu, but when I go to do this, I don't have 'Final Pay' as an option (see screenshot below).

How do I best go about processing this final pay? Any tips of things I can check would be much appreciated. This client is new to me, and their file is a bit of a mess in general, which is why I didn't pick up this issue until doing EOFY reconciliations. :( 

• Hi debrowling - thanks for your question.

Can you confirm you have moved to STP Phase 2? You must be reporting via STP Phase 2 for the new Final pay option to show.

You can check this by going to the Payroll menu and clicking Single touch payroll reporting. Does it show STP Phase 2 as shown in this pic?

I hope this help!

Adrian

2 Replies

• Hi debrowling - thanks for your question.

Can you confirm you have moved to STP Phase 2? You must be reporting via STP Phase 2 for the new Final pay option to show.

You can check this by going to the Payroll menu and clicking Single touch payroll reporting. Does it show STP Phase 2 as shown in this pic?

I hope this help!

Adrian

debrowling
      User

Hi SupportNoteGuy - ah, yes, I see now that the client was still reporting using STP Phase 1. Now updated them to STP Phase 2, and the final pay option appeared! Thanks so much for your help!