Forum Discussion

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
4 years ago
Solved

Unable to reconcile STP

Hi MYOB

I am stuck - 1 client cannot reconcile STP Reporting with ATO figures.

I have tried everything - all the tricks that have fixed things and nothing works.

Yes this client started late in the year - no problem except for terminated before this date - these fixed - untick termination date run $0 payroll - voila fixed.

9 employees - half these figures match - have ticked and finalised

5 remaining refuse to budge no matter what I do.

When problem 1st noticed - difference between last payroll run report accepted by ATO and final figures - no logical reason.

So ran a zero payrun for staff member (single to test if fixed) - no change.

Then ran payroll for 29/6/20 for single staff member which was difference between ATO figure (which was correct) and finalisation figure in STP Payroll reporting - this fixed it for this staff member.

Great - then ran it for other staff members same method - didn't fix/change/alter anthing in Payroll centre.

Did it individually - adjustment, then $0 - nothing worked.

STP Payroll centre now stuck with 5 staff I cannot reconcile.

This is MYOB problem I suspect not ATO.

Urgent assistance please?

The Doc

• Hi The_Doc 

It's great to hear you've resolved the issue, sometimes it's just one seemingly small thing that makes all the difference.

Thanks for letting us know it worked.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello The_Doc 

I did notice you posted a similar issue on Friday and that post has been answered this morning by one of our moderators. The posts are slightly different, but I wanted to check if the troubleshooting advised in your other post has assisted you with this issue? To reiterate that advice here, when AccountRight reports are not matching STP reports, the first place to start is in comparing the Payroll Activity Report and Payroll Register Report summaries. I would recommend checking the articles linked in your other post and the advice re: comparing your reports to help narrow down why those particular employees are still not reconciled.

The_Doc
      Ultimate Partner

Emily_B 

Yes I ran the post twice - and I have followed Tracey's checklist even though I do all that anyway.

The problem remains and none of your posts or checklists cover the problem

I set their STP up - all categories are allocated correctly (however if they weren't the figure missing from the EOY reconciliation would be match and unmatched category) it does not.

I am not sure you are reading my post correctly - just assuming there is something wrong with the setup (which I cannot trace)

To reiterate 

1. The last payroll report sent to the ATO actually for all staff is correct.

2. However - the EOY in the PAyroll reporting centre for 6 out of 11 staff is incorrect (even though what has been sent to the ATO is correct)

3. All payroll categories are correct

4. All payroll reports - YTD totals, summaries etc show everything correctly processed in MYOB 

5. If I run a $0 payroll for these staff - it does not correct the figures in the reporting centre yet the Summary report that goes with that payrun is correct (which the ATO has with the last pay run done and authenticated and sent).

On each staff members in the reporting centre - if I click and download the EOY report (similar to the old PAYE Summary - they are wrong for 6 of the 11 staff - yet the amounts wrong include Gross payments, PAYG and super.

If I run a paycheque for eg. 1 member correcting these figures - for 1 member their Gross was low 24139.50, their PAYG low by 5712 and their super low by 2274.30 - so I ran a paycheque for these amounts - but didn't declare and send to the ATO.

This sits unsent.

I then deleted that paycheque 

The report that goes with that paycheque incorrectly reports the YTD totals in excess of the real values (as expected) for Gross, PAYG, Super - however - the Reporting centre for this staff members does not update to the correect amount.

MYOB there is a problem or I am missing something!!!!

The Doc

Emily_B
        Former Staff

Hello The_Doc 

I do apologise that none of the linked articles or troubleshooting steps in your other post have assisted. I understand you have gone through the steps advised and I don't doubt that you have spent a great deal of time trying to solve this. But in order to better assist you, it would be very helpful if I could hear what the outcomes of those steps were. I do appreciate the information you have given, but without being in front of your software and reports, it can be a challenge to visualise exactly what may have happened in order to pinpoint the issue. 

Based on the troubleshooting steps advised in this post: AccountRight reports don't match STP, you could let me know how the following turned out:

1. Do the Payroll Activity Report summary and Payroll Register Report summary match? If they do match, how did it go when you:

1. Run the Payroll Activity Detail report to narrow down which payroll categories are causing the problem.
        2. Check that the correct ATO reporting category has been assigned. Change the ATO reporting category as required. Noted that you did mention you have checked this.
        3. Check if the payroll category has been ticked exempt from PAYG in error (Payroll Categories>>open the category>>click on the 'Exempt' button). Untick PAYG Withholding and click Ok.
        4. Once you have made the necessary changes to the payroll category, process a $0 pay dated 30/06/20 to update STP.

2. If they do not match (this indicates a manual adjustment was made in the Employee Card), please refer to the Employee Cards of the employees in question and ensure no data there has been edited throughout the year. If it has, you will want to change the figures back to the correct amounts and process a $0 pay dated 30/06/20 to update STP. 

Please let me know how the above looks in your reports and I will do my best to help determine where something may have gone wrong.