Forum Discussion

3 months ago

Reconciling myob payments and surcharge

Hi, I'm wondering if you can help me. I'm having some issues with customer payments through myob. Ever since myob did an update and the surcharge is processed when the client makes the invoice payment, I can't reconcile the bank feeds. In the past all I had to do was go into the undeposited funds account, change the bank account to our correct account and then when I went back into the bank feeds it would sit there as a possible match. 

Now all these transactions are sitting in the undeposited funds account, and I can't change the Bank Account because it is coming up with this (please see images). 

How do match the closed off invoice to my bank feeds and clear them from the undeposited funds account? 

Thank you. 

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Carly881,

Thanks for your post.

Regarding the error message you received, it means that the Spend Money transaction is part of a processed Prepare Electronic Payment. To correct the situation, you will need to delete the electronic payment first.

With your main concern about the surcharge fees not being able to match, you will need to open the invoice > Invoice History to find the CR payment applied - form the bank transactions screen they can reconcile it to the CR00XYZ payment number. If you can not see the CR00xyz payment in bank rec screen > open the CR00XYZ from the invoice history, and make sure the bank account is the account expected and not undeposited funds account.

Lastly, you will need to check the Sales settings > Payments tab > Edit preferences > Edit your service preferences) to confirm which bank account they have set up for the fees to be charged too.

More information of these can be found in the by clicking this link.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen