Forum Discussion

Danhunter
Experienced User
2 years ago

bas incorrect sales amount

I am trying to lodge my September 2022 BAS online but it is stating the incorrect amount at 1B.  

I processed the manual BAS and that has the correct amount but when I go to lodge online it is stating the incorrect amount.

I can see a lot of other people have had the same issue but I cant find any solotions? 

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Danhunter 

Thanks for your post. The amounts prefilled in activity statements are determined by the field set up. As the manual and online BAS are set up separately it is possible for them to have different figures. 

The 1B field is calculated on the Purchases (G10, G11) fields, so check the correct GST codes have been selected for these fields in the online BAS. If you make any changes to the online BAS set up make sure you click on Update from ledger to refresh those fields.

The Help Article, Get ready to lodge activity statements online, has detailed instructions to assist with setting up BAS fields.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Danhunter
      Experienced User

Thanks for the reply Tracey, but i cant see that it help me unfortunatley.. the amount shown in G1 is about $160k more than it should be! nothing about myob seems to add up correctly other than the profits and loss statement!! Im hoping I can find someone who can actually help me sort out myob as im paying $62 a month for somthing thats not working

Danhunter
      Experienced User

Tracey, this is a copy of what i have sent my accountant

MYOB just doesn't balance/add up correctly
      • the profits and loss statements looks close, however, the quotes I sent out that didn't go ahead have been added into my income/sales amount!! even though the quotes have been marked as declined. 

sales
      • ive tried to lodge a BAS and myob is saying that the sales for the quarter is $509,118 this is incorrect as the sales for the quarter are $347,022.57 ( this is the amount I have invoiced for in the last quarter).

expenses 
      • I believe that the profits and loss are correct when calculating the expenses, BUT if I go to my Purchase BILLS list on myob then the total is only  $135,759....so I'm roughly $200k out on this one!  Some expenses would have gone into Banking Spend Money BUT around 90% of expenses go through Purchase Bills! 

TPAR
      • I spent over two hours on the phone with the ato the other night and went through the process of setting up and lodging the TPAR list to the ATO...it all went through as successful with the receipt numbers etc but I then got an email to say it was rejected because it has ASCII characters!!! no idea where or how.... I have tried a total of six times to get this to work. 

It's very frustrating to spend $62 a month on myob and I have no faith in it whatsoever! If you know of anyone that can assist me in getting this working that would be very much appreciated.... or if you have time yourself.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Danhunter 

There's a couple of things I need to check first:

1. are you using AccountRight or MYOB Essentials? You've posted on the AccountRight board and mentioned manual BAS which points to AccountRight. But the account linked to your Forum log in is using MYOB Essentials and you mention Purchases>>Bills list which points to MYOB Essentials. If you can clarify which software you're using I can provide software specific information
        2. what is your BAS accounting method, cash or accrual? Are you running the Profit & Loss using the same accounting method?

If your accounting method is cash, only bills and invoices paid in that quarter will be reported in your BAS. 

If your accounting method is accrual, bills and invoices recorded in that quarter will be reported in your BAS, regardless of whether they have been paid.

Make sure you're selecting the applicable accounting method when running the Profit & Loss.

The Purchases>>Bills and Sales>>Invoices lists won't necessarily match the Profit & Loss. For example, if you filter those lists by the period 1 July to 30 September they will show all bills and invoices recorded in that period. If you run a cash Profit & Loss for the same period it will only include paid bills and invoices. 

When reconciling your BAS run the GST reports to see which transactions are included in the BAS.

For the TPAR error check for any invalid characters in the supplier cards.

Please let me know how you go.