Forum Discussion

Lalapot
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

tax code- NT vs GST Free Export?

Hi,

Can someone enlighten me on which tax code is applicable for supplier outside AU. The taxable supply is exported (shipped) directly to the customers. For sales it's GST free export, but im not so sure what to use for purchases, is it GST free export also, or NT since they are foreign suppliers. 

Thanks a lot!

• Lalapot 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

There are two situations here, one where the goods enter Australia and are then shipped out and the other where the good don't enter Australia.

The first you would use the N-T tax code on the purchase and enter the goods GST when the customs document is entered as described in the MYOB SUPPORT NOTE Recording overseas purchases.

The second situation which is the one you described I would use GNR (GST Not Registered) as the tax code on the purchase.

The purchase must be shown on the BAS so the N-T (not reportable) tax code should not be used.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

Lalapot 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

There are two situations here, one where the goods enter Australia and are then shipped out and the other where the good don't enter Australia.

The first you would use the N-T tax code on the purchase and enter the goods GST when the customs document is entered as described in the MYOB SUPPORT NOTE Recording overseas purchases.

The second situation which is the one you described I would use GNR (GST Not Registered) as the tax code on the purchase.

The purchase must be shown on the BAS so the N-T (not reportable) tax code should not be used.

Lalapot
      Experienced User

Thanks for your reply. I overlooked GNR. You're response is really helpful :)