Approving Bank Feeds with one payment for 2 items

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Hubertien
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Approving Bank Feeds with one payment for 2 items

Hello Community,

I feel like a dummy on this.

Not sure why but my bank feed is displaying a payment amount of $450.13 which actually comprises 2 individual payments, $6 and $444.13.   See screenshot below.

How do I approve this in the bank feeds?

I've tried to FIND the individual transactions and split it, but that doesn't work.

When I try PAY BILL, the bills have already been paid in the system so I have nothing to match it against in that person card.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

*Screenshot removed by MYOB Moderator as it contained sensitive information, ^TH

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Approving Bank Feeds with one payment for 2 items

Hi @Hubertien 

Thanks for your post. I removed your screenshot as it contained sensitive information. Please make sure you remove information like names, account balances and bank details prior to posting screenshots on the public Forum.

How you resolve your issue will depend on if the Pay from Account in the Pay Bills transaction is the bank account or the electronic clearing account.

If it's the electronic clearing account:

1. Go to Prepare electronic payments 
  2. Enter the date payment was made
  3. Tick those two Pay Bills transaction
  4. Click on Bank file
  5. When the Save as window opens click on Cancel, you don't need to save and upload the file as payment has already been made
  6. You'll now be able to match the bank feed transaction with the electronic payment transaction

If it's the bank account:

1. Open the Pay bills transactions
  2. Change the Pay from Account to a suspense/clearing account
  3. Go to Transfer money
  4. Enter the date of the payment
  5. Transfer from account is the bank account
  6. Transfer to account is the suspense/clearing account
  7. Amount is the total of the withdrawal, $450.13
  8. You'll now be able to match the bank feed with the transfer money transaction

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Hubertien
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

unfortunately that doesn't resolve the issue.

The $450.13 ( $444.13 and $6.00) where from the electronic clearing account.  MYOB1 pic

I then went into the Prepare Electronic Payments as instructed below and changed the date to the actual payment date MYOB 2 pic, but nothing is displayed so I can't tick the two Pay Bill transactons.

these have already been processed with a bank file and now have cleared out of this section.

Am I missing something here?

Still need help please.

MYOB 1.jpgMYOB 2.jpg

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Hubertien 

If you go to Find transactions>>Account tab and search by the electronic clearing account, can you see an electronic payment transaction or are those two Pay bills transactions still outstanding?

This screenshot shows the transaction as outstanding in the electronic clearing account:

ep.PNG

This screenshot shows that an electronic payment has been created and cleared the amount from the electronic clearing account:

ep2.PNG

If an electronic payment has been created, click on the zoom arrow to open it and check the Pay from account is the correct bank account.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Hubertien
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Tracey,

Sorry for the delay.

I have followed your instructions through to...

If an electronic payment has been created, click on the zoom arrow to open it and check the Pay from account is the correct bank account.

The pay from account is incorrect, MYOB seems to default to one account that we don't use often and I have to manually change it to the one I actually want it to come from, guessing I missed it on this one.

The bank statement says it game from an one account (OQ) and MYOB says it came from an another account (QORF).

How do I change this to be the correct account?

And will that separate the 2 individual payments ($6 and $444.13) so I can reconcile them against the correct individual transactions?  They appear in the bank feed as a single item of $450.13.

MYOB clearing account issue.jpg
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Hubertien 

Thanks for those screenshots, You can delete the electronic payment which will put the Pay Bills transactions back in the Prepare electronic payments window. Then reprocess the electronic payment, select the correct bank account and tick both transactions so that they appear as one lump sum for matching with the bank feed. As payment has been made you don't need to save the bank file or upload to your bank.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post