Forum Discussion

mkapm
Contributing User
2 months ago

BANK FEED NOT MATCHING INVOICES - INVOICES CLOSED VIA RECEIVED PAYMENTS

Hi,

When reconciling the bank account we have bank rules setup to automatically match withdrawals and deposits.

When matching deposits to invoices a 'possible invoice match' appears. Ususally when clicking on the possible match the relevant invoice will appear to which we offset the payment received.

A manual payment has been entered against an invoice using 'receive payments' and that invoice is not appearing to offset the payment to it, effectively closing the invoice.

How do I get the invoice to appear so that we can allocate the payment to the invoice?

Do we delete the payment in the payment history? Do we need to use the 'receive payments' if we are using the bank feed?

Thank you

Michelle

3 Replies

• Hi mkapm,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you've already manually balanced transactions by receiving payments from invoices, your bank feed won't detect any invoices to match against. I suggest entering sales and allowing payments to come through bank feeds. When payments come through, they'll automatically match with the corresponding invoices.

In your situation, check the last reconciliation date to confirm if the payment for that invoice has been reconciled. If not, untick it from the reconcile window, and it should appear in the match transaction window.

You can still utilize the receive payment option, depending on the circumstances. However, for online invoice payments and other transactions, using bank feeds will likely save you time and hassle.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

mkapm
      Contributing User

Hi Princess,

Thank you for your reply.

Following on from your comment

In your situation, check the last reconciliation date to confirm if the payment for that invoice has been reconciled. If not, untick it from the reconcile window, and it should appear in the match transaction window.

If the payment has been reconciled and therefore does not appear in the bank reconcilation window, how would I reopen the invoice to allocate the payment via the bank feed?

Thank you

Michelle

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi mkapm,

Thanks for your response. What I recommend is to undo the reconciliation for the dates that include the unallocated transactions. Then, unmark the transactions related to those dates in the reconcile accounts section. This will make the transactions visible again in the bank transactions window for matching. Once you've matched all transactions in the bank transactions window, you can proceed to reconcile the bank account as usual.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
        Earl