Forum Discussion

Colleen_Brew
Contributing Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Importing Bank Statements

Hi All

I would like to import bank statements via an OFX file from Suncorp.  Ive tried using the import function, but have no idea how to make it work.  Does anyone know the steps I should be taking.

Thanks in advance

Colleen

• Hi Colleen_Brew

You might like to check out this support note: Importing a bank statement

Typically if you are trying to import a data-stream file like OFX, this type of data is typically the financial statement of the account and you can have AccountRight read it by using the Get Statement functions on either the Bank Register or Reconcile Accounts window.

When you use Get Statement, it will read the file of it's transactions and allow you to add it as a Spend/Receive Money or Match it to an already entered transaction to the account.

If you need something other than Spend/Receive money, just right click anywhere on the window after using Get Statement and it will let you choose: Enter Transaction:

temp.png

Let us know if you have any questions or if you run into any problems.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Haydes
    MYOB Product Team

Hi Colleen_Brew

You might like to check out this support note: Importing a bank statement

Typically if you are trying to import a data-stream file like OFX, this type of data is typically the financial statement of the account and you can have AccountRight read it by using the Get Statement functions on either the Bank Register or Reconcile Accounts window.

When you use Get Statement, it will read the file of it's transactions and allow you to add it as a Spend/Receive Money or Match it to an already entered transaction to the account.

If you need something other than Spend/Receive money, just right click anywhere on the window after using Get Statement and it will let you choose: Enter Transaction:

temp.png

Let us know if you have any questions or if you run into any problems.

Colleen_Brew
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks so much Hayden.  I have it working now.

Colleen