Forum Discussion

MenAtWork
Contributing Cover User
13 days ago

Removing old/unused transactios from the datafile

I want to remove ALL of the old/unused bank feed transactions which were not used previously. They were instead manually reconciled previously. None of them are (relevant) currently and need to be cleared.

Our accountant has also requested that this be done ASAP.

Do you require a copy of the datafile?

6 Replies

• Hi MenAtWork 

A little too much info in your post - remember this is a public forum. For the record, bank feed records cannot be deleted, only hidden, and only one by one. Can be hidden in bulk by a 3rd party (see MYOX Services).

If you delete, in the past MYOB would check the bank feed entry exists in the file, other wise it would download it again.

Regards

Gavin

MenAtWork
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Gavin

Thanks Gavin for your response but ....... My search on the Forum "Help" indicated the it can be done (MYOB internally?) and gave me the directions to have this done. Suggesting send a private message with ALL of the details in my post. So ....... 

There are years of un processed transactions as the bank has been reconciled manually by the previous person in the seat. I dont have the time to " hide" them on by one as there are hundreds of them.

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi MenAtWork 

Things may have changed - I will tag a moderator or two, hopefully they can clarify.

Princess_R Celia_B 

Suggest you edit your post to remove private details such as serial number and bank account. When a moderator responds, they will give you access to Private Messages, you can then send that detail to them directly.

Regards

Gavin

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MenAtWork,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! We can delete Bankfeeds for specified accounts within a specific date range. Before proceeding, I would kindly request you to create a backup of your file. Please refrain from using the Bankfeeds screen and the Get Transactions button until you receive a confirmation email from our team. I will raise this request for you and provide you with a case number once I have submitted your request to the relevant team. Additionally, I have removed all the necessary details that you provided.

Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MichaelCP,

Thank you for reaching out. To assist you effectively, could you please send me a private message containing the following information:

Serial Number

Company Data File ID

BSB and Account Number / Last four digits of the Credit Card

Bank Name

Company File GUID
        Start date to remove transactions from: Format yyyy/mm/dd
        End date to remove transactions from: Format yyyy/mm/dd

Looking forward to your response.
        Regards,
        Earl