Short fall paid via ABA File - Different amounts appear in the reconciling Electronic Clearing account and the Electronic Payment Register

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Aeysha
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Short fall paid via ABA File - Different amounts appear in the reconciling Electronic Clearing account and the Electronic Payment Register

Issue - Amount entered in MYOB via spend money different to actual amount paid via ABA (electronic banking)

1. An Expense reimbursement for amount of $2,310.18 was entered via spend money.

2. Payment to be paid via using the electronic banking feature.   

3.  The correct payment amount for $2,310.18 shows up in the Electronic Payments Register BUT on the actual bank statement only $2,138.15 was debited from our bank, i.e: a shortfall of $172.03 was paid. 

4.  Note The Electronic Payment Register shows correct amount of $2,310.18 being processed, but in the reconciliaton of the Electronic CLEARING Account shows the shortfall different amount of $2,138.15.

5. How do I fix this is MYOB as the amount that gets paid via the ABA is the shortfall amount. 

Hope you can help.  

Hope you can help.  

Kind Regard

Aeysha

2 REPLIES 2
Aeysha
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Short fall paid via ABA File - Different amounts appear on the reconciling Electronic Clearing account and on the Electronic Payment Register

Issue - Amount entered in myob via spend money different to actual amount paid via ABA (electronic banking)

1. An Expense reimbursement for amount of $2,310.18 was entered via spend money.

2. Payment to be paid via using the electronic banking feature.   

3.  The correct payment amount for $2,310.18 shows up in the Electronic Payments Register BUT on the actual bank statement only $2,138.15 was debited from our bank, i.e: a shortfall of $172.03 was paid. 

4.  Note The Electronic Payment Register shows correct amount of $2,310.18 being processed, but in the reconciliaton of the Electronic CLEARING Account shows the shortfall different amount of $2,138.15.

5. How do I fix this is MYOB as the amount that gets paid via the ABA is the shortfall amount. 

Hope you can help.  

Hope you can help.  

Kind Regard

Aeysha

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Short fall paid via ABA File - Different amounts appear in the reconciling Electronic Clearing account and the Electronic Payment Register

Hi @Aeysha 

My first recommendation would be to review the ABA file that you have uploaded, you can commonly open ABA files in NotePad and select Open before selecting all files. This would give you an insight into the actual file that was produced by the software with regard to that ABA file. If all the transactions are included then I would be speaking to the Bank in relation to that missing payment amount.

Assuming that the file doesn't contain the full information do you have any negative values contained in that window when generating the ABA file? Do you have a transaction for that exact amount that was intended to be included in that ABA?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post