Forum Discussion

15 days ago

Company FIle won't open

Hi, 

My company file won't open since upgrading to lastest version. It was working fine with the older version then told me that i need to upgrade to the lastest version 2024.3.0 and now it won't open the file. it goes to a light grey screen and shuts down altogether.

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi mtcmaintenance,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! If your file is offline and you're unable to open an upgraded file, you can find a solution by visiting this link: Unable to open recently upgraded file. You'll need to run the hotfix tool over the file to resolve the issue.

If you're file is online, please reply with the last four digits of your serial number and Company File ID. This will allow us to check this on the back end and assist you further.

Looking forward to your response.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

• I was on the phone with MYOB this afternoon and tried to run hotfix but error message came up. They told me to install Microsoft SQL Server. I have now done that and installed SSMS aslo but still get the same error message and cant open company file.

Earl_HD wrote:

Hi mtcmaintenance,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! If your file is offline and you're unable to open an upgraded file, you can find a solution by visiting this link: Unable to open recently upgraded file. You'll need to run the hotfix tool over the file to resolve the issue.

If you're file is online, please reply with the last four digits of your serial number and Company File ID. This will allow us to check this on the back end and assist you further.

Looking forward to your response.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
      Earl

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi mtcmaintenance 

Copy Hotfix files to the same folder that holds Huxley Application.exe. Run it from there. Usually something like:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Programs\MYOB\AccountRight\app-2024.300.10006

Regards

Gavin