9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Confirm Company File

In July I had an error on opening the MYOB AccountRight application requiring that the Company File be confirmed:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Confirm-Company-File-Issue/td-p/825263

The issue was resolved when the Support team forwarded me a license file to upload. 

I have the same error on application startup now. I have uploaded the license file I received in July and that allows MYOB to open for that session only. I need to upload the license file each time I open the application.

Do I need a new license file that will persist each time the application is opened?  Hope you can help as the countdown is now down to 5 days.

Regards

Steve 

11 REPLIES 11
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,029 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,029Posts

914Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Confirm Company File

Hi @bentleighbowls 

Confirmation with most MYOB company files is required every 60 days. You need to get a new licence file - you cannot keep re-using an old one as it has likely expired.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
bentleighbowls
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin - please send me a new license file.

So will I now need to request a new license file via the Community Support service every 60 days or is there a more efficient way to do this?

Regards

Steve 

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,029 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,029Posts

914Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @bentleighbowls 

You would need to speak to MYOB about this - I am not an employee, just a forum user like you. They would need to look into your account to determine why you cannot automatically confirm.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
bentleighbowls
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

OK - Thanks Gavin. Hopefully a MYOB employee will see this post soon.

Cheers

Steve

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

86Kudos

253Solutions

Hi @bentleighbowls

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are glad that you found this forum a valuable resource. Thank you for letting us know that you are having challenges confirming your company file. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we appreciate your patience and understanding. 

For older MYOB products, we have made it easier for you to confirm company files by using our dedicated self-service option, so you can generate the confirmation code whenever you need by going to http://help.myob.com/confirmation - no need to contact support.

For full details, check out the Help Article: Activating and confirming older MYOB products. 

Please note: You will need your Serial Number and company file code available to generate the confirmation code - available by selecting 'Confirm' via Phone when prompted. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

bentleighbowls
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Lenneth,

I am using version 2013.5.15.9262 which I know is pretty old.

The window we get for activation by phone does not display a Company File Code, just a Company File Number which in our case is "1". When I enter the serial number (no spaces) and put our Company File Number in the Code box, I get the error " The serial number or registration code is incorrect."

You may need to send me the activation file by email again.

Regards

Steve B

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

86Kudos

253Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @bentleighbowls

Thank you for getting back to us and for clarifying some information for me. 

In this matter, if you are using the older AccountRight version (2013 - 2023.5), you would need to install the latest version of AccountRight to confirm your company file automatically. Please see this helpful article that has information about Getting the latest version. After updating to the latest version, you may confirm your company file by going to Help >> Confirm a File >> Select by Phone.  

If this does not help, I have also sent you a private message requesting the necessary information to assist you further. To access this, please click on your forum display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then choose the envelope icon that appears. 

Please do not hesitate to return to the Community Forum if you have any further inquiries. Our team is always here to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

86Kudos

253Solutions

Hi @bentleighbowls

Thank you for working with me via private message. We are glad that we have resolved your concern and are truly thankful for your patience and understanding throughout the process. In case you have any further queries, please feel free to return to the Community Forum. Our team is always here to help. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

bentleighbowls
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This issue has occured again. Can you please arrange to forward a new Accountright license file. Same details as previously. Many thanks!

Steve B

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post