Forum Discussion

met
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Emails sent from MYOB through Outlook are staying in Outbox - Not Sending

Hi, Our Outlook is working fine for all others emails except if we try to send an email from MYOB then they are just staying in the Outbox and wont send. This has worked fine in past.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi met 

Thanks for your post. 

Emails sent via Outlook will only be sent if Outlook is open. If Outlook is closed, emails from AccountRight will sit in Outlook's outbox folder and send when Outlook is opened. 

Note that If your company file is online, you can send emails straight from AccountRight, so you don't need Microsoft Outlook or other email software installed on your computer. 

Here is the Help Article:  Sending emails using Mircosoft Outlook

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Cel

met
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Cel,

Our Outlook is open and as mentioned we are able to send other emails. 

The emails sent from MYOB are received by the Receiver but they are still showing in our Outbox and not being moved to Sent.

This is only for the MYOB emails, all our other regular emails have no issue.

Our IT have tried to see if it is something in Outlook and even created a new profile but the same thing happens, so it's got to be something in MYOB.

Thanks

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi met 

Thanks for your reply. 

The Outbox is a temporary folder that holds your outgoing emails if there are any issues sending the message until they can be sent.

Most likely there is a communication problem between Outlook and your outgoing mail server. In your case, sent emails are not showing under sent folder.  When a message is stuck in your Outbox, the most likely cause is a large attachment or you can check on the forms you're using, there should be no special characters. Kindly  check on this Help Article: Email Troubleshooting

Hope this helps .

Please feel free to post again, or if you need further assistance with this. I'm happy to help. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel