Forum Discussion

EKipit
User
15 days ago
Solved

Questions about Cancelling Subscriptions

Currently we have several company files subscribed under our MYOB Licence. We are realising that most of these company files does not need to be online anymore. We can work with it locally instead of being online. We do need one company file to remain online. Being honest, Im not to knowledgeable on the works of monthly subscriptions of accountright Live. I have a couple of questions and Im hoping they can be answered.

1. What does Cancelling a MYOB AccountRight Live Premier Recurring Subscription mean exactly? Does it mean that we cant access the file online and we can only access it locally?
  2. If we cancel the MYOB AccountRight Live Premier Recurring Subscription and our file can only be accessed locally, will there be a charge for this situation? If there will be a charge, How much will it be?
  • Hi EKipit,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're considering cancelling your subscription. We value you as a customer, and we're here to assist you with any issues you might be experiencing. 

Regarding your first question, cancelling your subscription means that you won't be able to access your file online. Instead, it can only be accessed locally. However, please keep in mind that it will be a read-only file. Meaning you cannot make any transactions or edit anything in the file.

With your second question, if you cancel the file and only have access locally, there will be no charge for it. Just ensure that you have a backup of the file so you can still access it and then restore it locally.

If you still need to access the file for things like creating transactions, processing payroll, doing reconciliations, and many more, you will still need to have an active subscription, as those features require a live subscription. Those live services are bank feeds, super, and STP.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi EKipit,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're considering cancelling your subscription. We value you as a customer, and we're here to assist you with any issues you might be experiencing. 

Regarding your first question, cancelling your subscription means that you won't be able to access your file online. Instead, it can only be accessed locally. However, please keep in mind that it will be a read-only file. Meaning you cannot make any transactions or edit anything in the file.

With your second question, if you cancel the file and only have access locally, there will be no charge for it. Just ensure that you have a backup of the file so you can still access it and then restore it locally.

If you still need to access the file for things like creating transactions, processing payroll, doing reconciliations, and many more, you will still need to have an active subscription, as those features require a live subscription. Those live services are bank feeds, super, and STP.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen