ACCOUNTANT USER SET TO READ ONLY AND ADMINISTRATOR CANNOT CHANGE

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LRobinson
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ACCOUNTANT USER SET TO READ ONLY AND ADMINISTRATOR CANNOT CHANGE

I am an accoutant and a new client has invited me to access their online file.  I have accepted this invite and then logged into Accountright on my computer and accessed their online file.  I go straight into the file through my email with no other extra codes to use.  I can read everything but cannot write, that is make changes as required.  I have confirmed with my client and can see when I am in the file that my user is setup as accountant and administrator.  My user roles are all ticked and the button read and write are also highlighted.  the one difference though is that at the top of my user access the read only button is highlighted next to the my user inactive.  I believe this read only button is the reason I cannot write even though all read and write buttons are highlighted.  The client who is the original administrator cannot untick the read only button as it is greyed out.  We have removed my authority to access and reinvited me with nowhere asking for this role to be chanaged.  My client has spent an hour on the phone with MYOB and they have not helped.  I am asking if there is some silly reason that this happens for e.g. there can only be 3 administrators and I am the fourth so read only access is granted.  Never thad this issue before.  Thanks in advance Liz

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: ACCOUNTANT USER SET TO READ ONLY AND ADMINISTRATOR CANNOT CHANGE

Hi @LRobinson 

AccountRight 2021 allows for users to be set up as read-only users. This allows the user to see records without making changes. To make the user a read-only user you would need to navigate to Setup>>User Access>>Select the user and enable Read Only. Note: This option overwrites the read access of individual role settings.

Now you mentioned that you have the Administrator role within the file, this actually locks those options from being changed. So if you are needing to change that you would be looking at changing roles to update that setting. I've outlined the process you/your client would need to complete to disable that option:

1. Navigate to Setup>>User Access.
  2. Choose your User ID (left hand side).
  3. Untick Administrator from the Company file roles list. If Administrator is the only role, select a different role like Accountant/Bookkeeper.
  4. Select Save.
  5. Untick Read Only.
  6. Select Save.
  7. Re-enable the Administrator role (if required).
  8. Select Save.

The above process removes the restriction to allow the read-only option to disabled (or enabled) before re-adding the role back if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LRobinson
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ACCOUNTANT USER SET TO READ ONLY AND ADMINISTRATOR CANNOT CHANGE

Thanks Steven,

My client has now carried out these steps and all is fixed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post