Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Administrator read only

I am an administrator and have full access to all features in Accountright. Suddenly today, the arrows have changed to grey instead of blue and I seem to have "read only" access. I have checked user settings and it is checked for "read & write". I am unable to edit anything. 

I have confirmed the company file and logged out, however it didn't rectif the issue.

Thank you

• Hi kellyd1 

Welcome to the Community Forum!

There are a few reasons which can lock the transactions as read-only:

• Is there a lock period on the file? ( Setup>>Preferences>>Security), if yes, remove the lock period and check if you can then edit the transactions.
    • Is "Transactions cant be changed. They must be reversed" ticked under Setup>>Preferneces>>Security? This can also lock the transactions. 

Let me know if it's none of those cases and if other users in the file are experiencing the same problem.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi kellyd1 

Welcome to the Community Forum!

There are a few reasons which can lock the transactions as read-only:

• Is there a lock period on the file? ( Setup>>Preferences>>Security), if yes, remove the lock period and check if you can then edit the transactions.
    • Is "Transactions cant be changed. They must be reversed" ticked under Setup>>Preferneces>>Security? This can also lock the transactions. 

Let me know if it's none of those cases and if other users in the file are experiencing the same problem.

kellyd1
      User

Thank you.

Yes,  "Transactions cant be changed. They must be reversed" ticked under Setup>>Preferneces>>Security? was ticked. I unticked it and everything worked as normal.

Thank you for your reply.