Using online file in offline mode

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lianne1900
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Using online file in offline mode

Hi there. We've migrated AccountRight to Business Pro and cancelled our A'Right subscription. I have the A'Right back up file (as sent to the migration team) now restored to the Library for offline access but cannot get past the User ID and password.  I am the file Owner.  If I put Administrator or even Admin and leave the Passwork blank, it says "the ID or password you entered is incorrect".  Same response if I use MY User Name and password.  I can still access the online file so is there a better way for me to complete another backup perhaps?

I spent 3hrs on hold yesterday and was promised a phone call this morning.  Is there another solution, please?

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Using online file in offline mode

Hi @Lianne1900 

When you open a company file locally you would be greeted with a window that does look similar to the following:

Capture 3.PNG

This would be asking for your company file user ID and password. These would have been set up in the file using the Setup>>User Access window. These are likely different from your AccountRight Live login which uses your my.MYOB account information (email address and password).

Each company file does have a default company file login, which is Administrator and no password i.e. Click OK. If that doesn't allow access it would indicate that the file does have an Administrator password added. Should that Administrator password not be remembered or can't be guessed then we would be looking at arranging for that company file to be sent in for a password recovery. Do let us know if you require that service - we would need to get your last four digits of your serial number and what service (premium or standard) you were looking at.

EDIT: If you can still access the online file and it is the file you are looking at moving locally, go into the file and set the password for the administrator user. Once that has been done, take a backup and restore that file. As that restored file would have had the password updated in it you can use that newly set password for entry.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Lianne1900
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your answer Steven.  Sadly, the Manilla call lady has been trying to help - though I don't think she has understood the problem.  Before her help, I was able to still access the online file (even though the subscription has been cancelled due to migrating to Business Pro) via my usual desktop login or even via the browser.  But I can't anymore as the Manilla call lady has changed settings, trying to make it easier I'm sure for me to log in as Administrator with no password and this has resulted in Error messages and no access.  No access via my usual desktop login and no access via the browser.

At this stage, the Manilla call lady is expected to phone me again Monday afternoon.

I'm hopeful we can progress to the solution you've suggested whereby I login as Administrator (no password), backup and then restore that backup. 

(Is it relevant, that when I log in to my.myob and check out the Users, I am listed as Owner but not Administrator?  But that is the case with our new Business Pro subscription too)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Lianne1900 

From what I can see of your AccountRight Live login - which is your email address and password, you should still have access to the online company file through the AccountRight Desktop application by selecting Open a Company File Online. However, depending on your settings you may be prompted to enter your company file sign-on for that file i.e. the User ID and Password.

Should you be getting blocked by that company file sign on and you don't know the Administrator password then we would be looking at arranging that password reset process to occur. Do let us know if you need further assistance with getting that process started.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Lianne1900
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks again for your response.  Yes, I could login with email and password until the call-lady changed something last week but then neither of us had time for her to keep changing things once it locked me out. 

Given the password reset comes at cost, I'll keep trying work-arounds at this stage, thank you.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post