Wrong Currency Showing on Backorders!! Issue not resolved for 4 years!

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Wrong Currency Showing on Backorders!! Issue not resolved for 4 years!

MYOB TEAM

This issue was first reported back in early 2020 and 4 years later, MYOB still have not resolved this problem!!?

We deal with many clients all of whom receive our goods and services invoiced in USD. On many occasions we have backorders and to have a backorder invoices show up like this with just random originating currency figures creates confusion, sense of non-professionalism and just a micky mouse kind of a setup!! This is not acceptable! This issue has been now on-going and known for over 4 years!!!

Backorder Issue.png

12 REPLIES 12
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Re: Wrong Currency Showing on Backorders!! Issue not resolved for 4 years!

Hi @ozeami,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delay in my response.

I understand your frustration regarding the ongoing issue with the wrong currency showing on backorders. I've checked this matter with the relevant team, and it appears that this issue has been recognized and is being actively discussed within our teams. However, I regret to inform you that, as of now, there is no definitive solution or update available and it is still under investigation by our developers.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution. Thank you for your understanding.

If there's anything else I can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Princess_R 

I am sorry but this response is just not acceptable. This is not a new issue that was just reported yesterday. This has been going on for 4 years!! And for 4 years we have been receiving the same response!! I believe 4 years of "investigation" by your developers is sufficient amount of time to this problem! If the developers can't figure out what they broke in a system that was working perfectly fine before this version of the software then I believe its time you get new developers... we'd like this matter to be escelated to higher management for review and someone to contact me directly from your higher management team. We have been a user of MYOB for 20+ years and over the past 4 years since moving to the online system, we have lost a functionality that was always working perfectly in previous 16 years!! I don't understand how MYOB management team does not see this as a problem, one which has been ongoing for 4 years and known for 4+ years!!

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @ozeami 

Sadly this issue joins a long list of issues reported up to 11 years ago. Issues MYOB is unwilling to commit developer resources to fixing. Some are very minor but annoying bugs which would literally take a developer 5 mins to fix. So it is not an issue of 'ability' to fix, it is 'willingness' to fix - something MYOB management lacks.

This specific issue is caused by poor coding and occurs in some 10-12 locations - which a developer friend has located - took about 2 hours without the source code. With source code MYOB developers should be able to find and fix in minutes. Rather than format this backorder field as they do for the field above, the developers formatted the fields with a hardcoded $ sign. 

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

This issue is quite frustrating and makes us look like a micky-mouse company. The items are supposed to be backordered in the same currency as they are originally invoiced in but instead we get this non-sense of items being invoiced in say "USD" and the backorder value of the same item being shown in AUD and with 6 decimal figures I might add!!... This was done correctly in all previous versions of MYOB until we were forced to move to the online version some 4 years ago and it has been present since day 1. 

I have no doubt that there is a very quick fix to this issue for the developers but rather than fix this issue, they continue ignoring it. We are close to lodging a complaint with fair trading on this matter because effectively every month we are "buying" a product/service" from MYOB and yet they have failed to correctly provide this service for over 4 years now.... 

@Princess_R 

MYOB seem to fail to see that by moving everyone to a subscription service they are effectively liable to provide a service on a monthly basis and part of that service includes fixing bugs/problems with the software in a timely manner. It is not acceptable to have a clear bug/problem which is very much client facing open for over 4 years! 

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @gavin12345  and @ozeami ,  I do not presume that any fix is simple, but this one simply should have been fixed in the next release after it was notified.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Mike_James 

Given that it hasn't been fixed for 4 years and I see you are a partner with MYOB, is there any way that you know of which we can escelate this issue beyond this non-sense of "we will look into it" which we have been getting for 4 years? 

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @ozeami , I recall notifying a product manager of this issue, I will check and re-send. At the moment browser development is their highest priority, so you will not get a commitment to fix this desktop issue. And at the moment the browser cannot handle multiple currencies at all, so what I think is likely to happen is that multi-currency willl be added to the browser at some stage, and this issue will be corrected as part of that development. So you will be offerred the browser as a solution.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @ozeami,

Thank you for your response. I'm pleased to inform you that we have forwarded your details and concerns to the appropriate team. Rest assured, a representative will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Cheers,

Princess

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Princess_R 

Please ask them to reach out to me via Email as I am currently travelling. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post