Forum Discussion

joakley
Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

item list errors

I have an issue when veiwing the item list, inventory on hand is showing  some items still have a numeral amount with unusal long decimal place with either an E-15 or E-16 on the end of the number.

Call up a inventory count report inventory show zero on hand as it should be. Not sure how to fix this only have had this problem since changing to the cloud.

Jane Oakley

• Hi joakley 

We do have a script in which can run over company files that are showing unusually long decimal place or N/A inventory values or a negative inventory message when changing the preferences. Just before we do arrange for that we need for you to check the following:

Please note that if you do have any receive item transactions these would need to be converted into Bills before this process.

• Go to Inventory>>Item List>>Inventoried tab, click to sort by On Hand (select the column heading). Ensure that no items are showing as having a negative on hand value.
    • Run the Inventory Value Reconciliation report and check to ensure that there no invalid amounts. Invalid amounts being a negative or an item that has 0 on hand but a value in Inventory.

If those options are fine and you don't have any negative values we can arrange for the script to be run: For us to do this we need to confirm the following details:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
    • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
    • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi joakley 

We do have a script in which can run over company files that are showing unusually long decimal place or N/A inventory values or a negative inventory message when changing the preferences. Just before we do arrange for that we need for you to check the following:

Please note that if you do have any receive item transactions these would need to be converted into Bills before this process.

• Go to Inventory>>Item List>>Inventoried tab, click to sort by On Hand (select the column heading). Ensure that no items are showing as having a negative on hand value.
    • Run the Inventory Value Reconciliation report and check to ensure that there no invalid amounts. Invalid amounts being a negative or an item that has 0 on hand but a value in Inventory.

If those options are fine and you don't have any negative values we can arrange for the script to be run: For us to do this we need to confirm the following details:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
    • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
    • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight
  • When looking up the inventory item list there are positive and negative figures with the errors, E-15, E-16, and E-14. They should be all zero. 

How do I get these figures to read Zero.