Forum Discussion

Kat_E
User
4 years ago
Solved

AR Payroll Category Error - Entitlement Exemption

Hi, I am currently using AccountRight package. I have recently added in a new payroll category for Overtime Meal Allowance. The allowance has been set up with the ATO Reporting Category of "Allowanc...
    4 years ago

Hi Kat_E 

Think you have the right idea with updating those exempt categories of the entitlement category.  However, you indicated that you encountered that EntitlementPayrollCategory_ExemptionsNotHourlyWages message. To get around that message you want to complete the following steps:

1. Navigate to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements
    2. Choose the desired leave category that needs updating
    3. Take note of the current calculation basis including the percentage or set value
    4. Update the calculation basis to the other option i.e. if currently on Equals x% of x, change to be Equals x hours per. You may encounter a message indicating relating to that change select Ok to that message
    5. Select OK
    6. Go back into the Entitlement Information window, update the calculation basis back
    7. Ensure that the percentage or value is set correctly for the calculation basis
    8. Update the Exempt category list if required
    9. Select OK.

The above process resets that Entitlements calculation method and thus should allow for those changes such as updating the exempt category list to be completed.