Forum Discussion

2 years ago

AUTOMATIC UPDATES ON TERMINAL SERVER by end USERS

Hi MYOB Support, 

I have some important queries from my clients on how the automatic updates work in terminal server environment.

1. Will users doing automatic updates on a terminal server cause issues as they dont normally have administrator rights to install updates? I'm just worried it will cause no end of issues if users start upgrading program files and data files stored on the server. Normally, the server needs to be put in install mode for installing any updates on terminal server environments. Is this no longer correct?

2. Will files hosted in myobs cloud work in a terminal server environment?

3. Is MYOB still supporting files offline specially clients with payroll in remote areas with unreliable internet? 

4. I have two clients with MYOB AR files over 500meg, in the past these files have been very slow online and client had to revert back to offline. What is the largest data file size recommended by MYOB for their online files? I cannot find any direction about this key matter.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi There Support, can someone answer my question please about users ugrading MYOB program and data files on a terminal server?

• Hi PowerMyobBI 

Sorry to see that no one has offered their assistance with their query. 

To answer your queries:

1. Typically, users on a terminal service/server would be using the MSI Installer which would need to have the AccountRight MSI installation file to upgrade. Users using this setup wouldn't have automatic upgrades.

If you are using the AccountRight Server Edition, generally speaking, if you have installed the AccountRight Service Edition then you should be good to go. I haven't heard of any widespread concerns around that user access space following the deployment of automatic upgrades.

2. A number of users do use AccountRight Live within a terminal server environment.
    3. AccountRight 2022 offline company files are still supported. However, certain functions such as STP v2, Bank feeds, Pay superannuation would require an internet connection. Please note that a minimum upload speed of 0.5 Mbps is recommended.

4. There is no recommended data file size for online company files. Based on personal experience I do find that users with smaller data file sizes do have a better experience than some other larger files. However, there are some users that are using large files within that software.