Account Right online calculating wrong pay amount.

BringBackAE4Mac
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Account Right online calculating wrong pay amount.

After the EoFY we modified the payment rates for some staff.

We have now learned that unless I copy and paste the hours in, the hours plus payrate does not equal the total line shown!

How on earth is there a flaw in the product so substantial that it cant even calculate Hours x Rate of Pay for an accurate total????!!!!

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 12.44.58 pm.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
BringBackAE4Mac
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account Right online calculating wrong pay amount.

@Myobrep 

???????????????????????????????

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,374Posts

115Kudos

265Solutions

Hi @BringBackAE4Mac,,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. Once you've updated the hourly rate, could you check if the employee's standard pay has been adjusted accordingly? If it has, please save those changes. Later, after completing the pay run, if the employee's base hourly amount returns to its previous state, would you mind sending a screenshot along with the employee's payroll details and the standard pay? Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,374Posts

115Kudos

265Solutions

Hi @BringBackAE4Mac,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

BringBackAE4Mac
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Why would we recalcultae their pay?

This is an accounting system - one of its foundational requirements is to calculte figures correctly.

I already posted a photo, and providing a screen shot with their private details is not ocuring

BringBackAE4Mac
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Here is the standard pay @Earl_HD - Obviously updating the hourly rate should automatically update this figure to comply with applicable laws and in your representation of this software as an accounting solution.

Screen Shot 2024-04-05 at 12.21.19 pm.jpg
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,024 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,024Posts

913Kudos

638Solutions

Hi @BringBackAE4Mac 

The browser based access to an accountright file is best described as a 'work in progress' - still many bugs and many features yet to be added. MYOB have for a long time now used their customers as beta testers. Suggest you manually correct the standard pay screen and hopefully in future AR will use the correct amount. As you can see it doesn't actually calculate the gross based on the hours you input, it simply seems to use whatever is on the standard pay screen - and even this it doesn't get right.

Wonder how many others are not noticing this when they change pay rates?

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,528Posts

45Kudos

159Solutions

Hi @BringBackAE4Mac,

Thanks for your post. We appreciate your effort in sending us a screenshot of the pay rate details for your employee. After adding an employee and assigning their pay items, you should review their standard pay. This lists the parts that make up an employee's pay, such as their wage and salary amounts, deductions, taxes, and leave entitlements.

I would recommend creating a backup of the file first, then manually correcting the standard pay or making it 0, then saving to correct the payroll calculation. So it will not affect the calculations moving forward.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. On the other hand, you can also reach out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, on our website, or you can request support via my account at myob.com. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post