Forum Discussion

maxbrown
Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Allocating payroll to various job codes

Hi,

our accountant has asked that the wages for our administration department staff have the costs shared between various other departments.  I currently have the different departments set up as jobs, is there a way to allocate a persons wage expense between a number of departments ie he wants 25% allocated to one department, 30% to another etc.

• Hi Max,

We do a similar thing - when entering a payroll item for an employee, select the first job, go the dollar amount (the whole $ amount will initially be allocated there) and change it (we multiply by 10%), then select the next job and the remaining balance will be allocated there - this can be edited as well, and so on until it's all allocated.

You have to be wary of changing the payroll line item value as you may then have to manually reallocate the $, and if not careful you can end up with some money unallocated.

As far as I know, there is no way of automating this, but it helps to allocate the first job code to the payroll item on the standard pay.

Cheers,
    Danny

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DannyTangney
    Valued Cover User

Hi Max,

We do a similar thing - when entering a payroll item for an employee, select the first job, go the dollar amount (the whole $ amount will initially be allocated there) and change it (we multiply by 10%), then select the next job and the remaining balance will be allocated there - this can be edited as well, and so on until it's all allocated.

You have to be wary of changing the payroll line item value as you may then have to manually reallocate the $, and if not careful you can end up with some money unallocated.

As far as I know, there is no way of automating this, but it helps to allocate the first job code to the payroll item on the standard pay.

Cheers,
    Danny

maxbrown
      Cover User

Brilliant, thanks Danny that works fine.