Forum Discussion

Simdd
User
11 months ago
Solved

Automatically generated pay slips for $0

Since completing the 2023 EOFY payroll processes there's a long list of $0 payslips showing under the "to be emailed" tab.

I have found a previous post (now closed) with the subject "STP 2 Automatically generated pay slips for $0" which to which MYOB replied: When you send an update event on STP Phase 2, the software creates a blank pay run to send the information through again.  If employees have the preference Print or Email Payslips selected, then these automatically created pay runs will show in the unsent Print/Email Pay slips list.

For various reasons we have done several update events & now have a huge list of $0 payslips that need to individually have the payslip delivery status changed to "already printed or sent".

Is there an easier way to do this eg. change the status in bulk or just not have these blank payslips created for each STP update event?  

• Hi Bridgetown 

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We totally understand that it is time-consuming to manually change the delivery status of each employee. Your patience and understanding are truly appreciated. Certainly, we can submit your feedback ang suggestions to the relevant team. We are also encouraging you to post this concern into our AccountRight Ideas Exchange board for consideration and to have other users to vote into this additional feature. 

Cheers,

Princess

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Simdd 

Thank you for your post. And welcome to the Community Forum.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Regarding this concern, could you kindly confirm whether you send an update event before or after finalizing the payroll year?

When you send an update event it will automatically create a zero-dollar pay run. And you don't have to worry about it since it's only sending the YTD figures on their payroll report through to the ATO. In terms of payslips, you can set the delivery status to "Already printed and mailed" so it would not appear in the window. But it would be one at a time. 

I hope this helps and if you need further assistance with this, feel free to post again. Or you can always send us a Private Message and one of us will be happy to assist you further. 

Best Regards, 

Cel

• This also happened to us.  Had to go and manually change everyones payslips individually.  Such a time waster.  I thought MYOB would have an easier solution.  Hopefully with enough complaints then maybe MYOB will fix the issue for next year.

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

HI Simdd 

May I know how you go about the issue? Did the resolution I provided resolved your concern? I simply wanted to ensure that we addressed your issue correctly. And if you require any additional support with this, or if you simply require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to post again. Alternatively, you can send us a Private Message. I am delighted to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Cel

Simdd
      User

Hi Cel, having to go into each payslip individually to change the delivery status is very time consuming if you have a large payroll.  Why do these $0 pay runs need to be created for every employee for each STP update event?  If this is unavoidable, is there somewhere to set up that all $0 pay cheques are automatically given the "Already printed or sent" payslip delivery status?

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Simdd 

Thank you for your response. We're sorry that we aren’t able to respond right away. Generally, this usually happens when you click on the send update event. Once you send this, it will automatically generate a zero dollar pay to update the YTD data to the ATO. This includes all employees listed in your STP reporting center. At the moment the feature you are looking for is not yet available. But we will raise this to the relevant team to see if this feature can be added to the system. 

As we value your feedback and suggestions into the system, we encourage you to please take a moment to post on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange board for consideration by our developers.

Cheers,

Princess