Change of Bookkeeper / BMS ID

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
M_Moar
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Change of Bookkeeper / BMS ID

Hi

The company I work for currently outsources payroll and bookkeeping to an external bookkeeper, who has been submitting STP2 reports via her BAS/Tax Agent number.  However, the company now wishes to bring payroll and bookkeeping in-house and submit STP2 reports directly themselves via MYOB.  

When processing payroll, will ticking the 'authorised sender' be sufficient, or do we need to undertake another step before processing the first payrun in-house?  I am unsure how the BMS ID works where nothing has changed about the business other than the person submitting the STP report.  

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Change of Bookkeeper / BMS ID

Hi @M_Moar,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, they'll need to set up their STP business details under the STP reporting center. Set up a declarer for reporting payroll, then update and edit the STP business details by notifying the ATO with your previous BMS ID. Please refer to this Help article: Add a Declarer for Single Touch Payroll Reporting for detailed information about adding a declarer.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

M_Moar
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Princess

Thanks for that information and the links - really appreciate it.

Regards

Michelle

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Hi @M_Moar,

You're welcome, Michelle! It's a pleasure helping you with any queries you have. Please feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future. I'd always be here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post