Forum Discussion

echokim
Experienced Cover User
11 months ago

Christian names ???

About to commence payroll finalisation.   can someone please explain the logic in sorting by CHRISTIAN names ?  All of my reports are per SURNAME ?

This irritates me EVERY year.

6 Replies

DT
    Experienced Cover User

I was so impressed with the Reporting Pack for YE Payroll Reports, only to find they are sorted by first names!!

Who does that??  Then I find posts going back 4 YEARS about this.

Come on MYOB, this is basic stuff!

echokim
      Experienced Cover User

am sure the Tax Office have a huge laugh at it all !

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi echokim 

Thanks for your post. 

The Process Payroll window will sort employee names based on surname then first name. there is no way to change this to be first name followed by surname. However, you could use the advanced search option to search for employees instead on scrolling through the list. 

To enable the advanced search option, highlight a line  in the table and select CTRL +SHIFT + F. You could then enter a first name into that search field and all employees with that name will be listed. 

Please feel free to post again if you need further assistance. I'm happy to assist you. 

cheers, 

Cel. 

B10_162
    Experienced User

Zero logic and seems from responses I've had no real move to change this.

Who lists anything of offical degree by 1st names? Ridiculous, imagine the electoral roll by first name order!

Next see how your payroll summary and bank payment list are in random orders.

I guess you get that when software is free, oh wait...it's not