4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Correctly Terminating an employee

Hi I have few questions in relation to this.

1. I have processed the final pay of an employee, following MYOB instructions. However, when I processed the unused annual leave it did not get deducted as it was not linked to annual leave. How can I correct this post payment? She still appears as an employee and how do I report the employee as terminated?

2. There are few terminated employees still apprearing in payroll. How do I Terminate them? Their leave balances still appear as their last payslip (I'm guessing is not processed as termination Pay) -one of them left about an year ago and the other about 4 months.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Re: Correctly Terminating an employee

Hi @Ande,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! If the finalization has been completed, you can undo it, or if termination has been done, you can undo it as well. Just report it to the STP before making corrections to the payroll, so that the employee's termination can be properly handled. You can also visit this help article for more information: Terminate an employee in Single Touch Payroll reporting

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Ande
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl

Thanks for the response but could you please provide a solution for No1 as well. How can the corrections to the final pay can be done? Specially for their leave entitlements in the final pays

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @Ande,

Thank you for your response. Yes, as mentioned in my initial reply, you'll need to undo finalization if it's finalized or undo termination if it's already terminated, as reported in the STP, before correcting the payment.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Ande
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry , I'm so used to xero and find this bit complicated. How do MYOB recognise that an employee is paid a final termination payment and terminate in the system?

Ande
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How can I adjust the final pay processed for Unused annual leave as it has not off set from the annual leave? Do I have to reverse the transaction and re-do? (I have already paid this in my last pay-run)

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @Ande,

We'll guide you through the process of paying an employee's final regular pay along with any unused leave. If the final pay involves an ETP, there are additional steps you'll need to take. For detailed information, please refer to this help article. Processing a final pay, Processing termination payments and Processing an employment termination payment (ETP).

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post