Forum Discussion

ANoakes
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Creating a second weekly Payroll

Hello

As of 01 Jan 2023 we would like to create a second weekly payroll run.

Currently everyone is paid together.

The split will be between Salary for one payment run and Hourly for the other.

The options in the process payroll are not apparent for this outcome.

Please advise.

Regards Elizabeth

• Hi ANoakes 

You could use custom lists to filter the employees for the different pay runs. I've created two custom lists in the Custom List No 1 field, batch 1 and batch 2. Then selected the applicable custom list for each employee.

In Process payroll>>Advanced Filters>>Custom List No 1 select the batch you want to process and only employees with that custom list selected will appear in the Employee pays window.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi ANoakes 

Thanks for your post. You can process multiple pay runs for the same pay period by selecting the payment date, pay period dates and applicable employees for each pay run.

If I have misunderstood your question or you need further help please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

ANoakes
      Experienced Cover User

thank you for the reply - however what you advise would have to be done each payroll run.

I was looking for someway of grouping them as a default.  As is done with the Weekly, fortnight, etc option.

Would using the category system here work?  That is categorise all Salary staff in one category and all Wage staff in another category then use that option in the advance filters.  

Our organisation is growing quickly to select the appropriate salary staff and/or wage staff for every payment run increases the chance of missing someone or other errors.

Do you have any suggestions to automate in some way.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi ANoakes 

You could use custom lists to filter the employees for the different pay runs. I've created two custom lists in the Custom List No 1 field, batch 1 and batch 2. Then selected the applicable custom list for each employee.

In Process payroll>>Advanced Filters>>Custom List No 1 select the batch you want to process and only employees with that custom list selected will appear in the Employee pays window.

Please let me know if you need further help.