EOY Finalisation Gross not matching for terminated employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Pamalexander
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

EOY Finalisation Gross not matching for terminated employee

In Payroll Reporting Centre at EOY Finalisation a terminated employee is only showing Gross payments and not overtime, Cash out of leave in service, Unused leave on termination and Other paid leave.

We are on STP2 since November 2022 and employee left in May 2023

Need insight to fix this imbalance for finalisation. Thank you

44 REPLIES 44
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: EOY Finalisation Gross not matching for terminated employee

Hi @Pamalexander

Thanks for reaching out. 

Generally, in EOFY Finalization tab, the YTD Verification Report shows all the pay items that was reported as Gross Payments. Also, checking the EOFY Finalization tab, next to the employee name there should be three dots that we can toggle to show the Individual Summary Payments as a breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match.

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

yoshu
Trusted User
70 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

70Posts

13Kudos

2Solutions

I have exact same issue. Even did a post but the reply was all over the place.

When I click on the 3 dots, overtime, other paid leave and termination pay shows on the report and if you add all those then the figure on MYOB report is correct. But for some reason, Gross YTD for the terminated employee does not reflect this total amount. However, YTD total matches the MYOB report. So should I accept this as normal and finalise the STP.

Also, other employees are paid under same category (overtime/other paid leave except for the termination leave pay) and their gross YTD reflects all those amount!! Baffled.

JK9
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same problem. Tax free fringe benefits re not appearing in the verification reports for terminated emloyees. How can I fix this.

Enviro2
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Im having the same problem with matching MYOB to ATO YTD report.

For some terminated employees, the gross payments dont match.  Initially I thought it was for just one category of payment but upon checking the setting up it in MYOB it was correct e.g part of gross wages.  But when I comapre the Payroll register it doen't match to the ATO YTD report.

What do we do as we have payroll to run and pay next Wednesday.

Enviro2
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Further to my query about not being able to reconcil the Myob Data to the ATO YTD report.

I have identified an example which i will upload.  We have a category called Weekend which as you can see on the employee pay slip created by MYOB, however the ATO Payroll reporting - employee year to date report at the time of the payroll does not include this amount in the breakdown.  I have checked the setup for this category, Weekend, and the ATO reporting Cateory is 'gross payments'.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

AC08
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I checked the individual Year to Date verification report under the 3 dots, 

Under the 3 dots, I checked the summary of payments for individual employees and all of them matched up with my calculations. However, when I looked at the Year-to-date verification report summary the total STP taxable wages seem to be deducted twice (once on the gross payments and then again after the total payments), so the total STP taxable wages are incorrect. I would appreciate it if you could please advise on how to fix this issue.

(I attached a screen shot of the report below, I hope this is not too confusing)

Many thanks

MYOB.png
Enviro2
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

There are some issues which aren't answered by what you have said.  I have posted in this thread below, can you please review and advise.  Would apprear im not the only one with this issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I have payroll on Thursday 6th July.

If you cant help, can you advise where we should go for further assistance.

kind regards

Lorraine

Kace4321
Trusted User
21 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

21Posts

4Kudos

3Solutions

I am having the same issue.

Is this a bug in MYOB?

Did anyone get a resolution?

Kace4321
Trusted User
21 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

21Posts

4Kudos

3Solutions

Is this a fix to this issue?

The EOFY finalisation gross does not match for terminated employees.  It's ignoring leave and bonuses etc given to terminated employees prior to their termination.

The individual summary reports are correct (via the 3 dots).

It's the STP screen that shows a summary of all gross YTD and gross total that is incorrect.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post