Forum Discussion

robyno8888
Experienced Cover User
3 months ago
Solved

Entering 9 Day Fortnight into MYOB - Employee is paid weekly

Hi,   We have 1 x Full Time Worker that has requested to work a 9 Day Fortnight - I've tried some suggestions from other posts but still can't work it out. Hoping someone can assist.   He's paid ...
    robyno8888
    3 months ago

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for replying.

I think I have managed to sort it out.

I created a new Payroll Catergory - 9 Day F/N Wednesday Day Off = $0.00 (Fixed Hourly Rate)

Our business hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with an unpaid meal break .5 Hour = 42.5 Hrs

Our staff member is now working 38 Hours over 9 Days.

Fortnightly he will finish at 4.30pm Friday (1st Early Finish -Friday 9/2/2024) and take a permanent RDO fortnightly (1st RDO Wednesday 14/2/2024).

When I set up the Payroll Category - I selected the "Exempt" Tab and ticked Holiday Leave Accrual, Long Service Leave and Sick Leave Accrual. The entitlements are not changing when I enter the 8.5 Hours for his Rostered Day Off.

As we're paying him weekly (not fortnightly) I have set it up as follows from a post I read by another MYOB Moderator.

Week 1 - Thursday 1/2/2024 to Wednesday 7/2/2024 = 42.5 Base Hourly

Week 2 - Thursday 8/2/2024 to Wednesday 14/2/2024 = 33.5 Base Hourly + 8.5 Hours @ $0.00 (RDO)

After working through these calculations to run last weeks payrun I couldn't see the need to set the RDO up as an ACCRUAL I just want to show the RDO Hours on his pay slip. His RDO is locked into our roster permanently.

If you have a moment to comment - I'd appreciate your feedback.

Many Thanks again.

Robyn