Include Employee Start Date on Payslip or Letter

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
StephK
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Include Employee Start Date on Payslip or Letter

I am trying to include employee start date in a form and/or Letter and cannot see a formula for it anywhere, like [[Add1]] or [[Name]]. Can anyone tell me if there is one? And if there is, what would it be?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Include Employee Start Date on Payslip or Letter

Hi @StephK 

I'm not aware of any way to get an employee's start date to appear on a payslip or a personalise letter by default.  However, one of the following workarounds could be employed depending on the task you are trying to achieve:

• Add in the employee's start date to the Card Details>>Notes section in the employee's card. You will then need to add the Notes from Card to the payslip form - Setup>>Customise Forms>>Payslips>>Forms - Customise>>Fields. 
  • Add the employee's start date to one of the unused fields on the Profile tab of the employee's card i.e. the Contact field. You would then added that field to the personalise letter template.

• Export out the employee's card through the File>>Import/Export Assistant. This would give you a list of the employee's cards (could include first name, last name, and start date) in a text file that can be opened in Excel or Notepad.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

StephK
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Include Employee Start Date on Payslip or Letter

Thank you for that @Steven_M, that's a great suggestion. Will definitely use that.

Kind regards

Steph

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post