Forum Discussion

jwill1982
Contributing User
3 years ago

MYOB Pay Super wrong account details on new form plus funds not received

Several issues:

- Payment submitted via Myob Pay Super prior to getting the email/update on new changes. I notice funds not received into one employee's account (SMSF) 2 weeks later. Normally received within a week. Is this waiting on the new direct debit agreement to be authorised or does it mean the payment will bounce back to client's account?

- I'm Administrator (& authorised for payments through banking including via Myob portal) on behalf of client, however the pre-filled form generated (for me to click & submit) used my name as the bank account name for the client?? I've now filled out the Change of Details form (which I've signed re bank details section & director to sign bottom) - however, how on earth did this happen? The account name under the original direct debit agreement was always the client's entity & correct bank account name? The a/c number etc is correct, but I find this very concerning.

- I received a MYOB generated warning email advising recent changes had been made in MYOB to the same SMSF (that payment from early Feb has not received). However, date of change shown is from years ago when the SMSF details were set up (ie there are no recent changes). I'm ignoring this as I'm assuming it's a computer-generated error? But concerned in case it's connected to the Jan Super not yet received by the SMSF (as above).

No funds have bounced back into the Client's bank account. Or duplications. But I want to check that the actions I'm taking are the only ones I can make (ie, ignore the warning email; fill out a change of details form, even though nothing has changed except the MYOB pre-fillled data is incorrect; hope for the best that the funds will be received by the employee's SMSF. I have no idea whether the other employees' funds went through.)

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi jwill1982 

Thanks for your post. The Pay super service was disabled while our teams dealt with the duplication issue. This service has now been re-enabled and our team is actively monitoring to ensure that payments are been successfully processed. If you haven't received a refund you don't need to do anything. 

With regard to the notification email, a recent system upgrade triggered a small number of old notifications to be redistributed. These were sent in error, and do not indicate that your settings have recently changed. Please review the date of the changes listed in the notification and disregard anything dated before Monday 14 February 2022.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team on superannuation@myob.com

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.