Forum Discussion

Sueanne1
Contributing User
11 months ago
Solved

Pay Item not showing up in STP

My STP report is not picking up amounts paid under certain payroll items or allowances.

eg.

Casual Hourly   $1000

U16 Weekend   $120

District Allow    $13

Payroll Activity shows total income as $1133

STP report shows YTD $1000

ATO Reporting catagory is set to Gross Payments and Allowances - Other.

Can someone please advise/suggest why this is occuring? And the fix??!!

• I have discovered what the issue is (I believe!)

Within the individual Payroll catagory PAYG Withholding was listed as an exemption.  This was set up by the employer as the employees were going to be under the threshhold for tax.

However, I can only make the assumption that it meant that the gross income did not report when STP was filed each period as when I removed it from exemptions and did an update, the amounts reported.

Anyway - all sorted and finalised, just in the nick of time. Happy Days!

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sueanne1 

Thanks for your post.

If in the STP reports it only shows the $1000 instead of having it as $1333 we recommend double checking the ATO Reporting Category assigned to those payroll categories. If you could provide a screenshot of how the payroll categories were set up. Make sure sensitive information is removed before posting in the Forum. Also, if you will go to EOFY FInalisation tab, against each employee name is a three dots that you can click which allows you to view the Individual Summary report. It is a report that shows the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

Sueanne1
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen,

I had already double checked the ATO Reporting Categories.  Screensnip attached.

I have also viewed each individuals summary report - some are reporting as zero - which is a whole other issue and others are just showing the gross wages income - not any of the allowances or rates as mentioned in my original post.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Sueanne1 

Thanks for your response.

If the Individual Payment Summary shows as $0 for some employees, would you please send an update event for the affected payroll year? This is to ensure the figures will be updated. Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen