Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Payroll In Accountright

When entering payroll for one of our companies the Base Hourly rate is coming up with Warning paying this leave will result in a negarive leave balance.

this is happening on all of the casual employees for this company only I have looked at the staff set up all looks to be ok. please advise why this is happening and how to fix it.

Laura

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Laura68,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like your Base Hourly item is linked to a Leave entitlement category, this means that when hours are entered against the "Base Hourly" category it is reducing the accrual hours in the affected Leave entitlement category. 

I would advise opening each entitlement category and making sure that 'Base Hourly'  is unselected from the 'Linked wages category' dropdown. See the below screenshot for assistance:

Let me know if you require further assistance with this, happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Laura68
      User

Hi Sam,

It sounded like the perfect solution however I checked all of the entitlements, with no joy.only one entitlement is linked to base hourly, and that one should be. 

Kind Regards

Laura

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi Laura68,

Thank you for letting me know, and apologies for the delayed reply. 

If you have not yet resolved this issue, could you please advise which leave entitlement is linked to base hourly and the reason for this being linked?