Forum Discussion

NC-CAA
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Payroll category existing and assigned not visible for selection in timesheet

We are using Accountright Server Edition 2022.2 (the most current)

We have an existing payroll category for Bonuses (Type: Salary), which is assigned to several employees.  See screenshot.

It is definitely set up correctly and we have used this payroll category several times in the past.

We wanted to pay a bonus to some employees during our current payrun, but when we went to select it in their line options in their timesheet for this payrun, it was not available (for any employee to whom it is assigned). See 1 employee example timesheet screenshot.

We therefore did a test by adding a different previously existing (and assigned) payroll category (also Type: Salary) to an employee), but it also wasn't showing as available to be selected.  Yes we did save and exit, then relaunch the payrun.

We then did another test by adding an existing payroll category (this time selecting Type: Hourly) to another employee,  exit and relaunch, and it showed as available to be selected.

I feel this is a software bug under the "Type: Salary"

I have been using this software for 4 years and frequently set up new categories and new employees, so I know it's not something I'm missing.

Has anyone else noticed this or have any suggestions?  I can't pinpoint exactly when it started happening as I haven't had to pay a bonus for a few months.

Thanks for any advice.

• Hi NC-CAA 

Only Hourly payroll categories will appear for selection in the Enter Timesheets window. In your case, that "Bonus" payroll category is a Salary based payroll category and therefore will not appear.

If that payroll category is needing to appear in the Enter Timesheets window you would need to update the Type of Wage to be Hourly. This will allow you to enter hours against it and therefore allow selection in the Enter Timesheets window.

Alternatively, when processing the employee's pay add-in that desired amount against that category at the time of entering the pay i.e. from the Pay Employee window, not the Enter Timesheets.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi NC-CAA 

Only Hourly payroll categories will appear for selection in the Enter Timesheets window. In your case, that "Bonus" payroll category is a Salary based payroll category and therefore will not appear.

If that payroll category is needing to appear in the Enter Timesheets window you would need to update the Type of Wage to be Hourly. This will allow you to enter hours against it and therefore allow selection in the Enter Timesheets window.

Alternatively, when processing the employee's pay add-in that desired amount against that category at the time of entering the pay i.e. from the Pay Employee window, not the Enter Timesheets.

NC-CAA
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you so much Steven!  I do remember now... I need to be progressed to where I can make individual adjustments on their payslip (e.g. like when we were making jobkeeper topup entries etc.) before it is "sent".  I'm very grateful for your quick reply  (and embarrassed!)  thanks again.