Forum Discussion

becw1
User
5 years ago
Solved

Timesheet CSV file template

Hi I'm trying to get a CSV template that I can use to import timesheets. I've followed the instructions on how to export a template using the Clearwater test file but whenever I export, it tells me t...
    Andrew_Y
    5 years ago

Hello becw1 

Thanks for your post to the MYOB Community Forums.  I hope you will find them to be a helpful resource.

When Exporting Data  for things like Timesheets, there are a few things that it is based upon.  This link helps you understand the rules and fields a bit better.

I tried to replicate your issue, and one thing that may have happened is that you have not selected “Identifiers”.  In the Import/Export Assistant, this field needs to be defined, as it pulls data from cards (with valid sample timesheets entered) that ONLY HAVE these identifiers assigned.

Try creating an identifier [Lists>Identifiers] such as “A: TimesheetExport1”

Then using your test timesheet employee/other enter the Card Information and under Card Details, assign the newly created Identifier “A: Timesheet Export 1”

Create a sample timesheet for a desired range (eg 18/6/18 – 24/6/18) and enter values to populate the timesheet for your test employee.  In step 4 (Select Fields) of the Import and Export Assistant make sure you only select fields that you have information entered/to retrieve as it will return with “Nothing to Export” if there is invalid information and create a conflict.

Let me know how you go with things, and feel free to click any of the links above and have a read through for additional information.  If we have helped you to successfully export the template information you want, please mark this post as a solution so that others can find it easier.

Attn: Coffeenosugar to export a larger range, in step 2 (Dated from) you can modify for multiple weeks, eg from 01/07/18 to 14/06/19, etc