Forum Discussion

AnitaB
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Updating Standard pays for employees

I have several employees who's pay grades within an award have been changed and other catagories that no longer apply.

After several attempts to unlink or delete these catagories i keep getting an error message saying these catagories cannot be removed as they were previously used on timesheets.

We no longer use timesheets for our payroll as it was too time consuming and didn't fit into the awards we have within our company.

These employees cards are now becoming overpopulated with catagories that no longer apply to them which make payroll a bit clunky at times.

someone please help!

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi AnitaB 

To remove a payroll category from an employee you would use the following process:

1. Navigate to the employee's card -- Card File>>Cards List>>Employee>>Select the employee's card
    2. Select the Payroll Details tab
    3. Select the Wages section 
    4. Untick the required payroll category
    5. Select OK

If you have used the payroll timesheets you would not be able to remove the payroll category from the timesheet. This is due to the fact that the timesheet has been used to generate the pays. 

If the timesheets have NOT been used to generate the pays you can go to Payroll>>Timesheets>>Select the employee and go back through the weeks. You would need to delete the timesheets using that payroll category. Please note: if the timesheet is greyed out it would indicate that the timesheet has been paid upon and you would not be able to delete that timesheet and thus not remove that payroll category from the employee.

AnitaB
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven,

Thanks but I've tried all that you've said and I still can't remove those unwanted catagories from the employee cards.

See the example attached as to how it can be confusing when doing the pays.

Within the meat industry award there are several grades and an employee can move through these grades.

why is it so difficult to just unlink these catagories?

The attached image shows several catagories marked as MI5 and these are the ones i wish to unlink

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi AnitaB 

If that particular message about the payroll category was being used on timesheets it would have been used on a previous existing timesheet in the system. If you have gone through the timesheets week by week it should have been found. Note: You potentially would need to go back pretty far to find that timesheet.

Personally, the way I would find it would be to export the timesheet information via the File>>Import/Export Assistant. This would give you a record of all the timesheets in the file that you can then sort or filter to identify when that payroll category has been used. It would then be a matter of navigating to that timesheet record week and deleting that entry.

If you are still not able to identify the timesheet record that is causing that situation, we would need a copy of that export along with the payroll category you are trying to remove.