Forum Discussion

marie79
Contributing User
11 months ago
Solved

Workers Compensation & STP Finalisation

I am currently trying to finalise a client's payroll through STP phase 2. When I have prepared the reconciliation I note that 2 employees have received wages through workers compensation. The payroll item has been allocated as gross payments and should appear in this item on their income statements, which it doesn't

I have run a zero payrun as at 30 June 2023 to update the gross payments to include these amounts and to no avail, they are still not appearing.

Any thoughts??

• Hi marie79 

Thanks for your response. 

I was able to check the screenshot you sent. When you check the payroll categories, could you please check if it is exempted to PAYG. Generally, if the payroll category is exempted to PAYG, this will not show up on your STP reports. To correct the situation, please check first if the payroll category is PAYG exempted. To do this, go to Payroll > Payroll Categories > Click the wage category for Worker's Compensation > Click Exempt > Check if PAYG withholding listed checked > To remove an exemption, untick the checkbox. If you are unsure if the Worker's Compensation should be PAYG exempted, we recommend speaking with your accountant or financial advisor.

After changes has been made, please send an update event or process a $0 pay run.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi marie79 

Thanks for your post.

To further assist you with this, please attach a screenshot of how workers' compensation was set up. Make sure sensitive is removed before posting in the Forum. Also, please check The Help Article Paying workers' compensation for further information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi marie79 

Thanks for this.

I have seen the screenshot and that confirms the Worker's Compensation has the ATO Reporting Category of Gross Payments. In this case, could you please check the Employee tab from the Worker's Compensation category. Please refer to the screenshot below.

Please check if the employee names are ticked. If you can confirm that they are ticked on that window, please run the Payroll Summary report. To generate the report, go to Reports > Payroll > Under Payroll Categories, click Payroll Summary. Then take a screenshot of it. Make sure to remove sensitive information before posting in the Forum.

Best regards,

Doreen

marie79
        Contributing User

Hi Doreen

I checked the wages information and both the employees who were paid workers comp are ticked. 

I have attached a screenshot of the payroll summary section where it shows the workers compensation for you to take a look.

Thanks again